Inmate Mail Rules
All incoming and outgoing mail to inmates, with the exception of legal mail, must be in pre-stamped or metered form. This change is being implemented to ensure the safety and security of jail facilities, inmates and staff.
Acceptable Postcards – NO LETTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- - Stamps are NOT allowed, postcards must be metered or have a pre-printed stamp.
- - Must be addressed to: Inmate’s full name and ID number, Facility name and address.
- - Minimum size requirements are 3.5 inches by 4.25 inches.
- - Maximum allowable postcard size is 4.25 inches by 6 inches.
- - Should be written in BLUE or BLACK INK ONLY.
- - Postcards must be white in color and are available at any United States Post Office.
- - Defaced or altered Postcards.
- - No plastic or wrappings on Postcards.
- - Postcards marked with paint, crayons or markers.
- - Postcards with labels or stickers.
- - Postcards with watermarks or stains.
- - Postcards with any biohazards, including perfumes or lipstick.
- - Postcards depicting nudity, weapons or gang references.
- - Postcards containing an affixed stamp.
Legal mail – Will be checked for contraband only and must be in official envelopes.
Money – All money orders / certified checks should continue to be mailed to accounting.
- Envelopes containing additional correspondence will be returned to sender.
PHOTOGRAPHS – NO POLAROID PICTURES!
- - Up to (4) photographs may be mailed to the jail, after the inmate has been incarcerated for a minimum of 30 days provided the envelope is clearly marked PHOTOGRAPHS.
- - There may not be any other thing in the envelope except for pictures.
- - Every 90 days, (4) more new photos may be sent to the inmate.
- - Photographs may NOT be larger than 4 inches by 6 inches.
- - The inmate name and ID number must be written on the back of the photograph. Nothing else is to be written on the photographs.
- - Photographs must be unaltered, and may not contain any adhesives, such as stickers or labels.
- - Photographs must not depict sexual activity, visibly expose the breast, pubic area or buttocks, contain gang signs or codes or promote or show illegal activity.
- - Envelopes containing additional inmate correspondence will be returned to sender.
- - NEWSPAPERS and MAGAZINES
POSTCARDS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COMMISARY.
The address is as follows:
INMATE NAME & Number
c/o Crisp County Sheriff’s Office
196 Hwy. 300 South
Cordele, Ga 31015