State of Georgia Law Enforcement Certification
The Crisp County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to keeping the trust and confidence of our community. One of the ways we accomplish this is through State Certification. Crisp County Sheriff’s Office is one of the twenty-two Sheriff agencies in Georgia that is certified.
Certification is a progressive and time-proven way of helping law enforcement agencies calculate and improve their overall performances. The foundation of certification lies in the promulgation of standards containing a clear statement of professional objectives.
Participating agencies conduct a thorough self-analysis to determine how existing operations can be adapted to meet these objectives. When the procedures are in place, a team of trained assessors verifies that applicable standards have been successfully implemented. The process culminates with a decision by a joint executive committee that the agency has met the requirements for certification.
Certification status represents a significant professional achievement. Certification acknowledges the implementation of policies and procedures that are conceptually sound and operationally effective.
Sheriff Hancock remains committed to providing the exemplary law enforcement services and management professionalism necessary to maintain State Certification.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
The benefits of certification include:
- Confirmation that agency practices are consistent with progressive professional standards
- Greater operational and administrative effectiveness
- Enhanced understanding of agency policies and practices
- Greater public confidence in the agency
- Recognition in the field of outstanding achievement
- Reduced liability potential
- Greater governmental and community support